Saturday, August 30, 2008

Solo in Sikasso

a younger, naiver, Lala
I’m solo in Sikasso. I really had a wonderful vacation; I am still hearing how fat I’ve gotten. I do need to start exercising. On Wednesday, I really was going to run, but then I was having gas problems. I ran out of gas while I was cooking on Monday. So, on Tuesday, I exchanged my empty gas tank with a full one. I took it home and gas was spewing out of the top. So, the next day, I got a new one. I took it home, and that too had a malfunctioning top. I went back again, and told the owner he should pay for my transport. He actually came to my house with the 3rd tank. He discovered that I turned in 2 critical pieces when I exchanged my tank. So, he went back and got the necessary pieces, and I once again, can cook. What does this have to do with running? I’m having toe problems (surprise) and I was going to soak my feet before running because of the pain/infections.
One of Chelsea’s friends spent the night at my house on Wednesday night. She is doing missionary work. It’s so interesting how you can all be living in the same country with COMPLETELY different experiences and different mentalities.
Rob, our ONLY MALE, is leaving this Sunday. We all are very sad about this. Maybe I’ll host a “Sikasso Girls need Lovin’ too” party and invite all of the Mopti boys (or maybe just all males in Mali…) Sigh.
I do have some good news to report. I have my own water counter! One word: ecstatic! My bill went down 93 percent! I am a happy girl! And, there was a meat strike. It was going to be over early September, but for some reason, we again have meat. Life is good in the south!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gee, I was worried about what kind of "gas" problems you were having! Glad they were resolved with the critical parts!
Love,
a.m.