Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

I need to start doing a better job journaling! This week was fine. Fairly uneventful (probably because I didn't write anything down).
On Friday night, Laura, Adelle, Katy, and I made cheesburgers! (Actually, Vascure burgers...vascure is fake cheese...doesn't need refrigeration). It was marvelous!
On Saturday, PC called. They came into town to check out the new bureau. At the same time, I was suppose to meet with Babemba. Sigh. I was late to the Babemba meeting, but it wasn't a big deal because it's Mali. I'm feeling pretty good that the village is going to get a robinet by March!
Halloween, celebrated in Sikasso on November 1st, was fun. Only Laura, Ben, and I dressed up. Ben made these amazing masks. I'll see if I take his picture. I went home that night, not feeling great. I had a fever, and all afternoon and night, green stuff was coming out of my eye. The next morning, I was feeling sick, my fever rose, and it was just not fun. I went to Bamako, and was able to stay in the medical unit. I got check out this morning. It wasn't pink eye, the fever is gone, and it's not strep throat. I'm not 100%, but I'm feeling much better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is a "robinet"? What is a "Babemba meeting"? You just have to keep reminding us journal readers! Glad you are feeling better.
Love,
a.m. (American mom)

KATIE said...

Sorry!
"Robinet" is French for faucet

Babemba is the village in which I am assisting in trying to get them a "robinet". The village is close to Sikasso, so you'll get to see it when you come! The meeting was located in Bambemba to discuss the robinet.
Love,
Lala