Saturday, July 21, 2007

In MALI:)

The flight from Philly to Paris was uneventful. I sat beside a 13 year old who was going on a vacation to Paris with is parents. The seats were really close together. I'm 5'3 (about) and my knees were hitting the seat in front of me. (I didn't sleep a wink). Paris was fine. We went to a hotel and I slept so wonderfully. I couldn't figure out the stupid lights. Apparently, you had to stick your key in the light switch. After a nap, we went back to the airport. I learned how to ask for Harry Potter in French. The lady said that they overbooked and would I be okay being moved to business? Of course I said. So, I had a reclining, massaging chair, 3 course meal, and coke at my finger tips. It was lovely! I said beside a lovely Malian engineer, and it so great speaking to a local. He spoke highly of Peace Corps which made me feel great.
As soon as I got of the plane, I felt the heat (even though it's was 9 pm). Everybody got their luggage (which is rare), so we are starting off on a good foot. It was so funny to me because me and the other girl in first class was at the front of the line, and all these people kept on cutting in front of us. We couldn't say anything. Literally. A PC person straightened them out.
Life is great! I have so much to learn. I have to run and get more shots, but will try to write more later. AND, we I get more time (if I get more time) I will try to post pictures!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie, I'm so glad you made it safely to Mali-now it's time for the real adventure to begin! Blog when you can, and know that we all love and support you.:) Donna & The Girls

Unknown said...

So how do you ask a tortoise to move?
love zou,
mom