Thursday, July 19, 2007

Leaving for Mali!!!



We just got done with our last session, and we are actually leaving today!!! I am really excited!! I was stoked that when we got done with our session, nobody was on the computer so I'm on!!:) I actually have to finish packing. We have to be out of our rooms at 11. Priorities priorities. I will probably go on Internet withdraw when I am over there.
It's a possibility that I will have a cell phone and incoming calls are free. I haven't decided if I am going to get one yet.
The group going to Mali is huge! There are 82 of us!! They split are group in half, so I know half of the group pretty well. I need to start taking pictures. There is a guy that graduated from LSU and one from UGA, so I was happy to find some people that actually know where I went to school.
Just a side note. I really hope that Paris released the HP book early. We are in training 7 days a week, for 7 hours a day, and aren't really allowed to go wandering (yet), so I really hope the airport has it...
Also, I am so happy I got a new wardrobe before I left from GW. I feel so comfortable with all of my clothes. I know so people are probably thinking I won't care when I get there, but Mali is the Italy of Africa. People really care about how they look (which is parallel to Italy) and actually will talk about your clothing.
The next time I post, I'll be in Paris or Africa!!! Oh, the Places you Go!

"I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life, and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do."
~Georgia O'Keefe

pict: Amanda, Emily, and me leaving the hotel for the airport
pict 2: Ilana and me: 1st class girls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy flying, Katie! I wish you the best of luck! (And I absolutely *love* that GO'K quote at the end of your post.)

Unknown said...

I now know that Mali is about 5 hours ahead of US east coast time. You'll be landing in a couple of hours.
God bless!
love zou,
mom