Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Leaving for Ghana Next Week

This month has gone by soo fast! I can’t believe I am going to Ghana next week!

Really, nothing of interest happened this week.

Oh, I did go to a funeral last week. I forgot to put my friends blog link last time, so here it is http://chelseamali.blogspot.com. The men and women were seated separately. When we arrived, somebody was yelling blessings through an intercom. At 9 am, we had rice and pasta and delicious meat. Chelsea told me that they bought 20 Kilos of meat the day before! After eating, we greeted the 2 wives, the mother, and the village chief. Then we chilled.
Laura’s mom took Laura and me out to dinner. It was so sweet of her! I had such a fabulous time! She is a RPCV, so it was interesting hearing how different she pictured Mali.
I was sick yesterday. The 3rd book in the series still has not arrived. I am trying to be patient…AHHHHHHHHHHH.

I have to pack and clean this weekend to get ready to go on my trip!

No comments: