Saturday, September 20, 2008

I cant think of a title

One cultural experience that I had this past week occurred at my homologues’ house. Lye (5 year old), began eating without inviting others to join him. Even though most people would decline, it is impolite here to eat without inviting the others around you. So, Echin’s friend said (in Bambara, but I still understood it), Lye’s an American. It was because we don’t offer to share our food with others. Interesting huh? That is one thing I hope to continue when I live in American again. I really like how you are always invited.
2 days ago, when I was done at work, I was telling everybody to have a good weekend. My coworker told me it’s only Thursday. I didn’t believe him. So, I pulled out my calendar and checked it with my cell phone….I’ll be darn…he was right! That was a bit disappointing.
Trinh called on Wednesday!! I was so happy to hear her voice!!
I almost hit a kid on my bike the other day. I’m not going to lie. I like the feeling of almost hitting someone better than the “ut oh, I’m about to get hit”. But, both experiences are nerve racking. So, I finally installed the goofy horn I received for my birthday on my bike.
I am trying to get 2 projects of the ground. And, I’m just giving you the heads up, but YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! I am going to apply for a PCPP (Peace Corps Partnership Program). The money would be used to get a nearby village a robinet (tap) because during hot season, their wells dry up. Anyway, I’ll put the link when I finish applying for it.
Auburn plays LSWHO today!!! WAR EAGLE!!

(I apologize for not taking pictures. But, September 22 is Mali’s Independence Day, so I should take some then.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a neat story with the food. Also, I'm envious of the Cannon's go to Mali trip. Hope all is well with you. I'm fine in OKC. Take care! -Jamie

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see new pics. Can't believe you think the bike horn is "goofy" (maybe because it would be something a 3 y.o. would be excited about?)
love,
a.m.