Sunday, June 28, 2009

On the road again...

My month home was probably one of the fastest months of my life! I leave for San Fran tomorrow morning and then on to China on Tuesday!

Some highlights of my trip home include: visiting my brother and my fabulous sister-in-law and going to a symphony on a lawn, visiting my aunt in Texas, taking Kramer to the park (twice), margaritas with friends, hot chocolate with former neighbors, sending two packages to Mali for Sikasso Kaw, presenting a slideshow about Mali to my church and a community college, shopping with mom, dining and shopping (and ICE CREAM!) with gramma, shrimp and grits with my uncle...needless to say, I had a hectic and quite enjoyable trip home.

I will continue to update weekly, and hope that I will be able to continue to write about my life overseas.
Right off the airplane (my dad isn't photogenic...he looks this way in all of them, but i like to think he was smiling on the inside)

Kramer and me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You better believe your dad was smiling inside! Wish we could have you blog from China--but will treasure your Mali notes! love zou,
Mah Coulibally