Monday, May 25, 2009

Last post from Lala

I leave for the airport in 30 minutes, and I have no idea where to begin. This day is finally here and now that it is, I don't know how/what to feel.

So, I just got a call and the plane is broken. TIA. So, I won't be leaving in 30 minutes, but hopefully I will leave tonight.

This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions for me. I hope I never forget the lessons I've learned or the people I've met.

the quote for Malians
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same."~ Flavia Weedn ~


the quote for my amazing PCV friends
"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."~ G. Randolf ~


the quote for me
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” ~Dr. Suess~

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Katie! I can't believe it's been two years already. I remember when you told me you were just thinking about the peace corps, and here you've gone and done it! I'm glad you're coming home for a while, but I am going to miss bragging about "my friend in Africa" to people. Love You!
-Hannah

Unknown said...

So glad you are home! So proud of your accomplishments!
Love,
mom