Monday, October 19, 2009

Busyness

One time in Mali, I went 5 months without paying my water bill. It was a rough few weeks without water, but it was a collective effort to get everybody to pay (one bill, 5 households). I am 14 days late paying my internet, and poof...gone. I didn't do that deliberately. I just assumed (incorrectly) that I would receive a bill. I was wrong. But for the environment, it's probably a good thing. Lots of trees are being saved.
I went to the school where I began volunteering. They had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me! It was so sweet of them! The students were so curious! Everybody had to get a glance of this lǎo wài (foreigner). It was a little bit like Mali. It's nice being adored. My college kids are so over having a foreigner as a teacher.

I have been a paper grading fool! I made a dent. It's just not big enough! My weekend was spent grading papers. I also went out with friends Saturday night. We had a good time. We are still deciding what to do for Halloween.

This week was so busy, but less eventful than the previous week. I still open my kitchen door quite cautiously....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...so yeah, I just now realized that your blog was still up and running. I got to catch up from the very beginning (was still under the impression that it was blocked or something). As always, I am continually amazed at your adventures. Have fun! Jamie