Monday, October 26, 2009

Disbelief

I can't believe November is next month! Crazy!!!

Last week was uneventful :) at home. I was told yesterday that our water will get cut from 11 pm to 5 pm. It hasn't happened yet, but I am prepared! I got home last night at 10:30 and started wash. My washing machine is so slow filling with water, so I helped it out a bit. I was also informed that on Wednesday, we will lose our power 9 am-5 pm. That really won't affect me. Oh the joys of living downtown where they are doing construction on the metro.

Last week, a student really disrespected me so I kicked him out of class. I was trying not to make a scene, but it ended up becoming a scene because he refused to give me his cell phone (I saw him using it so I take it and then give it back at the end of my class.) The class was extremely well behaved after that!

Yesterday I gave my culture lecture to a group of 220 freshmen. My topic was American food. My favorite part of the presentation was explaining what a fortune cooke is! There was a picture so it made it much easier. The kids applauded when I answered a cell phone. They thought it was hilarious when I answered in Chinese, "Hello? in class! I am the teacher. I'm not happy. Goodbye."

I bought the first 5 seasons of The Office. My DVD player won't read them, but it seems so anti-Peace Corps to buy a DVD player.

Halloween is on Saturday. I still don't know my costume. Right now, I'm thinking a construction worker.

The sun is shining! Oh happy day!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Be safe on Halloween! All treats! No tricks!
Love,
mom

Anonymous said...

wow...you can say all that in Chinese? :) --Jamie