Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween and such

Halloween was a lot of fun. Our 1 hour trip turned into 3 hours, but that happens a lot when Andrew and I go places. It's because we get only 1/2 of the story of directions. For instance, we didn't know we had to tell the ticket lady where we were going to get off. We kept on waiting for our stop, but it turns out, our stop was a special stop and you had to ask for it. It was so funny! We rolled up into the bus station and, and he says something that made me laugh really loud. I'm so relieved he's laid back, and I've lived in Africa because getting lost is nothing to me. We ended up making it to the party, but had to leave soon afterward because we were "being loud". And, it was a group of mixed foreigners, not all Americans. We then when out to eat and ate duck pot. It's so good! And, then I had a sleepover at my apartment! I love sleepovers! We stayed up until 2 am talking!
My Chinese parents visited me on Sunday. They brought me milk, oranges, and milk tea. I really do meet some of the nicest people when I live in other countries! We had noodles for lunch. My mom is so sneaky and paid the bill while we were eating! I fought them, but I lost. They met my tutor, Joe, and she was so momish. She told him to tell me that I lost some weight (yippee!) and I need to get more rest and take care of myself. Thanks CM (Chinese Mom)!
Yesterday Joe and I went on a field trip to Ikea. I didn't realize how much I time I could waste there! I'm pretty pumped because I have an Ikea card now! :) I bought a blanket, lotion, and a throw. I'm pretty stoked about the blanket. It has the warmth level "6" (the highest). I'll let you know if they lied to me in about a month.
I also have some fairly interesting stories to tell today too. Where to begin? I hate being sick. What is even worse (that I didn't even realize was an option) is being sick at school without doors on the bathroom. Sigh.
I participated in the faculty field day. Basketball is NOT my strong suit! I made 3 baskets in a minute! This is bad, but I felt better because I did better than 1 person. However, I rocked at discus throwing! I either got 2nd place in the faculty division or 2nd place in the woman's faculty division, but regardless, I redeemed myself.
When I was in the car, I saw (seriously) a 2 year old kid driving a power car on the street! NOT KIDDING! I forgot I had my camera with me, but it really made me laugh (the parent was beside the kid...so were cars driving past the kid...we were one of them). Then at dinner, I asked what the meat on the table was. My friend said what it was, but I really didn't understand because of his accent. He pulled out the electronic dictionary and while I was putting it into my mouth he was like Pig and then showed me the dictionary...Bowels.
My friends' birthday is today. We are going out to eat this weekend to celebrate! I'll take some pictures this weekend and post. I did take a few pictures at Halloween, but in all of them, I have a candy cigarette in the picture...it looks like something illegal...I used my best judgment and decided not to post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah--let's hear it for good judgment because your AM (American mom) would have flipped out at THAT picture!
Happy November!
Love,
A.M.