Sunday, November 15, 2009

Papers Galore!

Last Sunday, Emily and I went to a fabulous western store called Sabrina's Country Store. It's incredible! It's a little America right in the heart of Chengdu. We ordered our Thanksgiving turkey! Who would have thought it would be easier to get turkeys in Mali than in China? The turkey we are getting is a frozen turkey imported from America. (In Mali, we went to a Turkey farm and picked out our turkeys. Then we outsourced someone to kill, cut, and clean them.) We are getting an 8 kg turkey. I thought it was too big, but Emily says she eats a lot of turkey. And, I did not take into consideration that that is the weight of the turkey before cooking it. We only have large toaster ovens...it ought to be an interesting Thanksgiving. (AND, we are dressing up! I can't wait! I'm a pilgrim by default. I need to get my bonnet and outfit ready.)
This past week was midterm week. I'm a grading fool! College in America and China are SO DIFFERENT.
I was also informed last week that there were some misunderstandings about what I said a few weeks ago in one of my classes. I'm still not used to all of the indirect communication.
Other than lots of papers, last week was pretty uneventful. Emma and I went shopping yesterday. I bought some Ugcs (knock off of Uggs). They are so comfortable! I think I should have gone down a size. I guess I should wear thick socks and maybe get some shoe liners. I also bought an orange and blue scarf! It makes me smile!
Upcoming Events:
November 17th: Turkish Food w/Emily and Andrew
November 21st: Birthday Party!
November 28th: Thanksgiving Celebration
December 21th: Birthday Party!
December 25th: Christmas Day
December 26th: Ugly Sweater Christmas Party
January 1st: Happy New Year! (No School!)
January 8th: Birthday Party!
January 18th-29th: In Service Training
January 22nd: Last Day of the 1st semester
January 30th-February 28th: HOLIDAYS
February: My Birth Month! Planning on being somewhere where long johns are unnecessary

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love the scarf! Good Luck cooking a turkey in a toaster oven! :)

Unknown said...

Your turkey is a little larger than the one I just bought! Make sure you have it defrosted (about 3 days in the fridge) and good luck with the toaster oven!
Love,
mom