Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Birthday Party Fun!

My weeks are starting to blur together....that can't be a good thing?
Birthday Party!

The Birthday Girl with her birthday present (it's a rabbit head)

I do know that we celebrated Jeesun's birthday last Saturday. We went to a western restaurant called Peter's Mexican Grill. I got a cheeseburger. It was fabulous. One thing I don't like about western food is I get sick if I eat it. I'm okay when I cook, but I get sick when going to restaurants. I blocked knowing that I was going to get sick and thoroughly enjoyed my burger and fries. That evening, we had a sleepover at my house. We watched a movie about pirates. Then a lot of people went out. However, school wears me out, so I couldn't go out out. I need the day of rest. (Ugh I sound like an adult!!) I had one friend that rolled in at 5 am! If I stay out until 5, I'm completely useless the next day. She was up at 11 and ready to go.
School is stressing me out. I've have a migraine the past 3 days. Sigh. And I thought being a student was stressful...
This Thursday and Friday, we have field day at our school. I was wondering why we didn't have field day in the spring like Americans, but then I decided that Chinese people don't like getting sun. So, November (3 degrees C) is a perfect time to run around and play outside. I don't think I'm participating, but I'll be there with jeans on! And, I'll bring my camera to take some pictures of my students.
We are celebrating Thanksgiving this Saturday! :) I consulted my gramma about how to make the gravy, but I currently can't find my notes...I'm southern. I'm supposed to know how to make gravy! I feel like such a fake.
Oh, my tutor informed me that there was ANOTHER earthquake yesterday. I managed to sleep through that one too. I'm a bit concerned. 2 earthquakes within 2 months of each other, and I have yet to wake up. Oh boy.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2009pias.php
I can't get the link to link. So, if you want to read about it, you'll have to cut, copy, and paste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't sweat the gravy--I still depend on Gmaws!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
mom