Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 09

Typical day

Last Thursday and Friday, we had a "sports meeting." It's like field day in America, but super serious. I only went on Thursday to watch the opening ceremony and to take pictures of my students.

On the busA sign on campus (I hate that I'm illiterate!)

The opening ceremony
How Chinese people tailgate
Some of my English students
On Friday, I caught up on sleep. On Friday night, I was on the computer, when all of a sudden, my apartment started shaking. I wasn't scared at all. I was actually wondering if I was hallucinating. I wasn't. Apparently, I was awake for this earthquake. I'm no earthquakeologist, so I'm not sure if it's a "real" earthquake, but it's documented as a 5.2. Anyway, glad everybody is okay. Maybe next time I'll actually get up from my computer and get my shoes on?
On the way to Tday
Cooking (I'm hunched over because I'm peeling eggs for the deviled eggs)

Yesterday, we celebrated Thanksgiving! I was running around before going to the party, trying to buy things for the deviled eggs and miscellaneous ingredients for Thanksgiving. We had SO MUCH FUN! Oh how I love Thanksgiving! :)

Emily, Micah, and Allison Only 3 people dressed up, but they made my night! I ended up making gravy from scratch. I don't mean to brag or anything, but my Gramma would have been proud! Gravy was a HUGE success! We all had so much fun! The China 15s stayed and chatted for several hours. I really like our group.
Micah's original shoes (he had to cut the backs of the shoes because his feet could not fit)
Jeesun and me
I think I'm going to have to banned myself from the computer until I get those papers graded and put in the grade book. I hate doing that to myself, but I'm dilly dallying too much. I think I would move much faster, knowing that I'm not allowed to get on the computer. So, if you don't see me on the computer, you know that I haven't finished grading.A neighbor's dinner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great time over Thanksgiving. Now could you please tell me what your neighbor plans to eat for dinner because I couldn't identify it! Love, Donna