Friday, June 25, 2010

Feelin' the LOVE!

Today I received 15 letters! I am so blessed to have amazing friends and family! Because this weekend is going to be low key, I've decided to post the cards.

Xmas card from the fam

Card from my mom (picture of her alma mater)

Postcard from my mom and my aunts

Letter from RPCV Emily

Letter from Hannah (She even printed a picture of Krams and me and of us. How sweet!)




Letter from Debby and Ben (from my hometown church...even in China, they write me! :)

Vday card from my mommy

Birthday card from the fam

Card from Melody

Letter from Mali PCV, Lindsey

Card with the "anti-Kramer story"

Letter from my mom, just b/c she rocks remembering me

Easter card from fam

Letter from Amy J.

Letter from Jim DeMint (SC Senator), thanking me for my service
On a different note, I have 2 other things to share.
1. Last Sunday, Andrew's dad was in town. He graciously took us out to eat at a buffet. The price for one person was 17% of our MONTHLY allowance! I'm not used to resturants like these, and I went a little crazy. (I think we made his dad uncomfortable because we were going from place to place! Me: "OMG! LOOK! A chocolate fountain!" Andrew: "7 choices of pasta!" and on and on and on. I wondered aloud to Andrew how much it cost. His dad approached us and was like, what? And Andrew was like, Katie wants to know how much it costs. I was so embarrassed! He wasn't supposed to say it OUT LOUD! JEEZ! I bet his dad thinks I'm super classy (NOT). It was a lovely dinner until I overdid it. Hello, gluttony. After that meal, I didn't eat for 24 hours (no joke). So, 3 meals for the price of 1!
At the beginning of the meal...Oh fresh shrimp!
2. I received a letter from my middle school student. It cracked me up! Here it is...
(In case you can't read the sentence: "I am very sorry for your left hand")

So, while I sit in my electricity filled, running water out of the tap, home taking pictures of my cards while on the internet, there are PCVs in Mali that are making a difference. Check out http://www.mary-in-mali.blogspot.com/ for an incredible Malian adventure! I'm so proud to know this incredible woman!

1 comment:

patti s said...

Hi Katie, There are also some PCV's in China that are making a difference. I am proud of them too.
Just wanted them to know you can have electricity and water and still make a difference. You can build relationships in a country that is one of the world's biggest powers-and Lord knows we will one day need that.
Don't discount your work in China just because you aren't suffering as much as you did in Mali. Some friends of ours asked about you a while back-the Guida's. Welcome back to Spartanburg, when you get here, that is.
Patti