Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fetish Fun!

Look! No hands!

Anna greeting the old men
Dancing fetishes









I went to Anna's village for a few days this past week because of the fetish appearance. I believe the fetish comes out about the same time every year. The fetish comes out again in June, but it won't in Anna's village this year because of lacks of funds. (It costs money to buy booze.) Anna's village is a Animist village, so there is drinking when the fetishes come out. At one point, the fetish chased me. I did not scream because that just would have encouraged it. I had a great time watching the kids dance. So much dirt was kicked up! It was such a picturesque site.


That evening I did not sleep a lot. Anna has a clock with a thermometer on it...it didn't get below 90!! Hot season is here!!! (Yep, it's 20:50 and 95!!)


When I left Anna's village, a Malian going to different village began biking with me. When the roads split, he insisted that I take a mango (even though they were securely attached to his bike). It's moments like these that I am really going to miss about Mali.


Easter was fun. I had brunch with Laura, Ben, and Adele. We had eggs, biscuits, gravy (thanks Mom!), and...drum roll please...BACON!!!! Ben's mom sent him precooked bacon. I didn't even know that was a possiblility!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pic! Happy Easter! Happy Spring!
Love,
Mah Coulibally