Saturday, January 23, 2010

1 Week Down, 1 to Go

This past week was spent at a fancy hotel, just down the street from my apartment. I forgot how fabulous central heating is! (My school informed me that my bill DOUBLED in December...whoops.) By staying at the hotel, I am enjoying the heat and saving my school money. IST is 2 weeks. It was fun catching up with everybody. I haven't sat in meetings from 8:30-5:15 in a LONG time. The TEFL guy was superb. I learned more in 3 days with him then I did for all of PST.
Funny/embarrassing story: On Monday, our keynote speaker was Anthony Kuhn. He is a fabulous speaker. I thoroughly enjoyed his speech and truly appreciate him coming from Bejing to speak to us and answer our questions. When he was finished, he was talking to some PC staff. I waited until he was alone (I didn't want to interrupt). I shook his hand and thanked him for coming. He then said to me, "Thank YOU for coming." I was not thinking and what did I immediately say?! "I didn't have a choice." He then sort of shrugged his shoulders. Whoops.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4458700

I have one more week of training, then a few days to relax, and then I'm outta here! I'm going to Hainan (Chinese island south of mainland China). I'm bringing 6 books, swimsuit and sunglasses, and I will be parked at the beach for 10 days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

PLEASE add SUNBLOCK to that list! Myles Whitlock, young man from church, just had a real scare with melanoma!
love,
mom

Unknown said...

Have fun Katie!!!