Monday, January 11, 2010

“Tears are words the heart can't express”


Last week was my first week of vacation. I drank a fabulous Dr. Pepper with my spaghetti dinner when my grades where submitted (little did I know that there were "corrections" that needed to be made).

I also joined a gym with Andrew and went ALL last week. I let myself go in college, and I'm trying to get myself back. I have to remember that progress is slow. I didn't gain all my college weight in a day...it won't come off in a day either. (It also appears from my picture that I need to work on portion sizes?!)

And, I'm able to read again! :) YES!

Last Friday night, I went out to eat to celebrate 2 volunteers' birthdays. Dinner was terrific. We went to a reggae bar afterwards. My favorite part was the random dogs that were hanging out.

When I returned home, I spoke to my dad. If you know me, you know that I'm basically obsessed with my (our/family) dog. To make a long story short, I thought that my dog was going to die over the weekend. I haven't cried like that in a long time. I cried myself to sleep. I am happy to report that she is doing just fine. However, it really hit home that she may not be alive when I return from China. This also saddens me. I remain thankful that she made it home. I remain thankful that she has been such an amazing friend and family member for the past 13 years. I always thought I would fall apart when she passes. And I might. But, I might just be stronger than I think.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I feel out of touch. Hadn't read the blog in a while. Way too busy over December and then a slug vacation without a computer in Texas. Love your heading! Of course, I thought about your dear coach, Tamara Kozeev.
love zou,
mom