Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twenty Ten

Happy New Year's! 2010!!!

It's Saturday! I'm done with exams! I'm almost done grading exams! :) What a fabulous weekend!

I missed the party of the year (NYE), but I'm really okay with that. I really needed to chilax after a week of giving/grading exams.

I visited my home stay mom and dad for lunch yesterday. It's about 20 km away, and it took me 2 hours. Traffic was terrible! We had chicken pot for lunch. Instead of hot pot or duck pot, we had chicken pot. On my way to their house, I'm not joking.....I SAW A CAMEL!!! I got so excited! I haven't seen a camel since Mali!!! I don't know the word for camel in Chinese, and my charades was hilarious and then my "baba" said it! I was like "DUI!!!!" (Correct!) My mom really likes chicken feet. I was like, I thought chickens have 2 feet. My mom ate both the feet and then her friend ate one. I was like, "?" My dad was like, "no. chickens have 4 feet." I was like "really? no...." It turns out, they bought 2 chickens. My friends and I are so cheap, we only buy 1 at a time. Anyway, I kept everyone laughing at lunch (and not even on purpose.) After lunch, we walked around, and sure enough, we all saw the camel. A kid was on it, and his mom was taking his picture. Other highlights from my trip include: a dog wearing a penguin sweater and a dog wearing a pink hooded sweater with bunny ears on the hood. Where's my camera when I need it?!

2 comments:

jacoba2 said...

KT you are soooo cute in your cap in the the pics! AND we have the same size tree!!!!! anything you want from cali for the new year/bday/christmas i can send you?? i'll have to get your address.... maybe you could send it in your letter??

Unknown said...

I love and miss you Katie!