Thursday, August 9, 2007

Going to Sikasso








I found out a few hours ago that I am going to Sikasso! I am working with the tourism sector and am so excited!
I need to eat and then pack, but will be post again on August 18.

photos: my village at homestay; 2 adorable twin goats and their momma; our kitchen; people hanging out in front of my house, making tea (people drink so much tea here!!! it's like 100 degrees outside and they are making HOT tea!); areal view of yeagan; view from my roof; this is where I tie up my mostiquto net, it's too hot to sleep inside!

3 comments:

jacoba2 said...

KAtie!
I can't believe you have already settled in and have been in Africa this long! Everything in your post sounds so amazing. As you know, I've been busy finishing up nursing stuff and I didn't know exactly where to send a letter. So, I found this blog address and figure this is the best way to communicate until you send your new address. I got your postcard, and I was SO excited. I am headed to New Orleans this weekend with 3 nursing friends on a TRAIN. School starts next wednesday. I have a letter itching to be sent, so post your address asap!

jacoba2 said...

....Also, I started a lil blog page so that I can post pictures for you of my adventures and we can stay more in touch. Let me know how you feel about it.
--
Amy J

Pappy said...

Katie,
WOW! I'll have to get out my map of Mali to see where Sikasso is, but beyond that, reading your blog is amazing, fascinating and exciting. Susan and I are so proud of you for following your dream ... and helping the dreams of others come true.
Blessings.
Ernie and Susan Kelly