Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Better Day Than Yesterday

Today was a much better day than yesterday. I got rid of my fever! I have a cold and my chest is clogged. I thought I had strep, but I don't. Somebody asked me if I had laryngitis. It's definitely a possibility.
We went on a field trip today to Siby: Mount Mading. We had a lecture on ecotourism, which I thought was very appropriate for me to listen to. We then climbed so many rocks. You would think Yosemite would have prepared me....Yosemite has nothing on Mali. Again, this perspective may change if I go back feeling healthy. I think it would have been even more beautiful if I felt 100%. I am going to sleep so good tonight!!! I have a feeling we are all going to be sore in the morning.
I go back to homestay tomorrow. We only have a few more weeks until we are sworn in as PCVs, and the next few weeks are mainly field trips. I have to really pick up the language business. Tomorrow, I am going to tell my family NO English. I use my brothers as crutches instead of advancing in French.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Hi Katie,
I need to know you are feeling better and are OK!!! I've been lifting you before Him everyday and hope He has answered!!! Please also tell me you hands are better from all the bites you had on them. Hang in there and good luck on the French. I'm still in awe of your strength and g__ts!!!

Love you,
Libby