Thursday, September 6, 2007

Okay days

Well, I'm not feeling 100%. My fever ended up being a symptom of a chest infection. I am on antibiotics, but I have so many infected mosquito bites, there's not enough antibiotic to go around.
I got sick again today. I don't know if I'm car sick, or if I'm developing something else. It really was no fun. We took a pretty lengthy car ride to attend a memorial service for Matt Costa. It was so emotional for me. At the end, I gave Matt's sister a huge hug. It was definitely worth the car ride. Matt's mom did something really cool. He loved soccer and she helped raise money to get soccer fields built with a nice plaque. They also brought a bunch of soccer balls, basketballs, and volleyballs to distribute.
Here's the press release for the deaths of Matt and Justin. Life truly is precious. I'm getting emotional writing this. Carpe Diem!

http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.media.press.view&news_id=1148

I will write more tomorrow (hopefully).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, to you and every other Peace Corp volunteer past, present, and future; God bless. It is absolutely terrible about those guys. I sure hope you get to feeling better. We are thinking about you and we miss you! --Jamie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, don't get in tainted water. We don't want any Grey's penis fish happening to you! ;) I love you and I'm praying for you! -H