Wednesday, September 19, 2007

French, French, and more French

My days have been filled with French! I feel good about taking my test tomorrow. I think I am getting a LCF to come to my site for a week for tutoring. PC doesn't pay for transportation or food, but I think it would be so worth it to have somebody there the first week.
We (the PCT) started the game Assassin last night. I had a failed murder attempt (you kill somebody by throwing something at them and nobody can witness it.) last night. It was really funny because she was paranoid every time she saw me after the attempt. I died this morning. I deserved it. Somebody was brushing their teeth, and I went over to say good morning, and it was just the two of us. I turned around, and she threw a bracelet at me...No you didn't!! I hope we get to play again when we come back to Tabinso in January.
Today, we had to pack up all our stuff. These 2 months have flown by! It's funny because I have already acquired so much stuff! But, very little will be coming back to the States with me in 2 years.
My Malian mom called me today. It made me happy. I talked to Papa, but I think they wanted to get some information, but I really don't know. My American mom is calling me tonight. I am also happy about this, even though reception at Tabinso is terrible! I keep on thinking how much technology will improve in 2 years (or we can hope).
I posted my new address for Sikasso region. The other address will still work, but I should get letters/packages faster because it will go to my region. Thanks to everybody who has already sent me a letter &/package and emails. I still haven't gotten stamps yet. It will be wonderful when I get to site and the post office is a bike ride away! I've kept every letter, and I will write back soon.
Hopefully, the next time I write, it will be confirmed that my T will become a V!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I love the new pics!!! You look good and it looks like you're having a good time! It sounds like you are feeling better, so that's a relief!

Unknown said...

So glad the French test is finally behind you!
Love,
Your American mom