Thursday, September 20, 2007

Life in Africa is GREAT!

I'm sure from my title that you would guess that I passed my test today:) I didn't know that he was recording until half way into my test!! There was 3 of us that were really struggling. 2 of us passed. The person who didn't pass is learning Ful Ful Day. I can only assume that if I learned Ful Ful Day, I probably wouldn't have passed either.
Also, another great thing that happened today is they found my bike! When PC came to get my stuff and bike from home stay, I didn't have a marker or tape. And, besides, I thought I could identify my bike. I forgot that 40 other people have my exact bike...All the bikes have numbers on them, but I couldn't find the guy who had the sheet that matched up the number with the PCT. Sigh. But, the guard found my bike, and I gave him a big hug! They already think I an unusual kind...
This week has been crazy! I unfortunately lost my package slip. Letters and packages make any day a great day. I've told 3 people about my problem, but I talked to the head guy (which is who I should have talked to to begin with, but I really have a hard time keeping people straight...especially when you thrown in an African name that I need to remember too). Anyway, I paid for my package, so hopefully I'll get it before I leave for Sikasso region on Sunday.
I get to go to Bamako today:) The 3 of us have to talk to our directors. I enjoy going to Bamako, and since I passed my test and all my stuff is on a truck heading to Bamako, it's the perfect day to go.
A few more picts of Africa:
My favorite twin goats

Smiling in the rain!


My sister Bintu and me

No comments: